symlink it to the later version, or copy the lib over from another
system.

Then rebuild dev-libs/gmp and dont delete the lib!

I got bitten by this but only on one system - the file is supplied by
the later ebuild so I dont know why it asks to delete it.  Was in the
middle of a major snafu when it bit so didnt bug report it - should
have.

BillK