On Wed, Nov 16, 2011 at 12:32 PM, Érico Porto <ericoporto2...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm having lots of hardware error current when trying to use a sdhc card
> (transcend 16GB) on my eeepc701. I have never used any card on gentoo
> before, but I have used with success previously in Ubuntu.
>
> Is there some know bug?
>
> Also, only sometimes I get a device at /dev/sdb and couldn't get any
> /dev/sdb1 to show, but I do see it using fdisk /dev/sdb and them pressing p.

I have a USB card reader that only worked if I issued "hdparm -z
/dev/sdX", for some reason the device only worked after the second
time it was initialized. I don't know if you're using USB or MMC
interface for your card reader but maybe you can try it.

I have another device that used the MMC driver, it didn't work
properly with fast cards (above class 4) -- massive corruption every
time -- the "fix" was to hardcode the DTO value of 0xA in the mmc
driver (instead of dynamic calculation), after that it worked fine...