Manuel McLure wrote:
You should be able to use e2label (or "tune2fs -L" as I do) on the /dev/data/data1 device to set the filesystem label. That's the logical volume that the operating system needs to mount. # tune2fs -L mylabel /dev/data/data1 should do what you need. I haven't done this with ext4, but I have used LVM with ext2, ext3 and labels in this fashion.

That is the problem. I was using e2label and got a error. tune2fs worked fine. I get this now:

root@fireball / # blkid /dev/mapper/data-data1
/dev/mapper/data-data1: UUID="7500437d-700c-4836-a878-29507af67a8d" TYPE="ext4" LABEL="data"
root@fireball / #

Sort of hard to believe I got this far with LVM tho.  I got some space now.

/dev/mapper/data-data1 960906608 255981512 656122832  29% /data

Now I can download some more of my TV shows.

One more question. I have two drives. A 250Gb and a 750Gb. Originally the data was on the 750Gb drive. I set the 250Gb up on LVM then moved things over from the 750Gb. I then added the 750Gb to the VG and resized the file system. So, in theory the data is on the 250Gb drive. Let's say I want to remove the 250Gb drive. I would use pvmove to do that right? When I ran pvmove /dev/sdb, which is the 250Gb drive, then it would remove all the data from that drive so that it could be removed. Am I close?

I'm not planning to do that but just wanting to get a better understanding of this LVM thing.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!