On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 11:13 AM, Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 17, 2011 at 1:59 PM, Mark Knecht <markkne...@gmail.com> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Ok, I thought you had it clear how you were going to resize the raid,
> and needed help resizing the filesystem that already existed on top of
> the RAID. I interpreted Mark's instructions as operating under that
> impression, too.
>
> Are you saying you don't already have a partition table sitting on top
> of /dev/md? ?

OK, I'm getting a little confused because I am Mark. Maybe you meant Neil above?

Anyway, yes, my question in the title is still the question. If, as I
understand reading between the lines, that the mdadm conversion from
RAID-1 to RAID-5 leaves me with a 250GB RAID-5 then how do I make it a
500GB RAID-5? My assumption right now is that mdadm won't change the
partition sizing so what I need to do is just resize the filesystem
and (I think) what I want are the right commands to run with something
like resize2fs, where you check, then resize, then check again:

e2fsck -f /dev/md6
resize2fs /dev/md6
e2fsck -f /dev/md6

However one site I found said to convert it to ext2 first - removing
the journal - and then adding the journal back in later.

- Mark