So, any progress/updates on the attempt to replace udev with busybox's mdev?

As for my case, it's working well on XenServer and VMware ESX /
vSphere (haven't found the time to test a VirtualBox installation
yet).

Except for one annoyance:

Now, I've done the steps put forth by waltdnes here:

http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/gentoo/user/242563

... but every "eix-sync && emerge -avuD @world" finds me having to
re-edit /usr/portage/virtual/dev-manager/dev-manager-0.ebuild, or else
portage wants to emerge sys-apps/makedev and sys-fs/static-dev

Is there a way to 'force' portage to use the edited
dev-manager-0.ebuild and not the original version pulled in by
eix-sync?

Rgds,
--
FdS Pandu E Poluan