On Mon, 2011-11-28 at 17:19 +0000, Grant Edwards wrote:
> I don't think that's fair.  Perhaps nobody had compiled it using the
> exact set of USE flags and the exast set of library versions and
> configurations you were using, but I've never seen anything appear in
> testing that was so broken it could be said that nobody had ever tried
> to build it.

I have.. even for packages w/o a USE flag.  Granted, I'm not blaming the
developers.. they have a lot of work to do.  But it *does* happen.
Usually the fix is easy enough.

Just yesterday I reported a bug with webkit-gtk.  The gtk2 version
doesn't build at all (it's an upstream issue that they call a
gtk3-specific function).  No matter what combination of USE flags you
use it wasn't gonna build, but it was obvious nobody had ever tried to
build it, not even upstream apparently. :P

-a