Hello,

On Fri, 09 Dec 2011, Hartmut Figge wrote:
>Philip Webb:
>>Lynx : I've been using it daily since 1996 .
>
>I have used it during my new installation on x86_64 to read the handbook
>of Gentoo. Problem was, that the lines there were too long to fit into
>the 80x24 window on console.
>
>The lines were truncated and i had to guess what would be displayed
>without truncation. ;) Maybe there is a way of horizontal scrolling
>which i had not found.

links uses [] for horizontal scrolling. I also like how it handles
tables. But: I recommend to install all four (or at least lynx, links
and w3m), as all have shortcomings/quirks and advantages (e.g. when
dumping html as text results vary and with what options you can "tune"
the result).

HTH,
-dnh

--