On Sat, Dec 10, 2011 at 10:36:32AM -0200, luis jure wrote:

> >As the subject says: Which text browser do you recommend?
>
> i haven't used text browsers for some time now, but i definitely prefered
> links over lynx. if i were you, i would try both. for me the links
> interface was much better, although lynx seems to be better known or more
> widely used.

I like elinks for its tabs capability and easy configurability through its GUI
(the latter isn’t a killer feature in console land, but it makes it easy for
example to find every keyboard-assignable feature it has).

And concerning size:

ls -l /usr/bin/{lynx,elinks}
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root  933972 24. Okt 15:56 /usr/bin/elinks
-rwxr-xr-x 1 root root 1286964  6. Jun 2011  /usr/bin/lynx

Plus, if you need it, elinks provides a number of other goodies like support
for bittorrent or samba.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla'
I forbid any use of my email addresses with Facebook services.

The English invented the dinner speech so we may forget their food.