On 2011-12-14 6:43 AM, Tanstaafl <tansta...@libertytrek.org> wrote:
On 2011-12-13 5:42 PM, Leho Kraav <l...@kraav.com> wrote:
i would first of all suggest dropping ssmtp and going with
nullmailer. if ssmtp fails for any reason it will lose your emails.
nullmailer has queue capability.

Sounds good, I'll give it a shot (emerging now)...

Ok, emerged, did emerge --config nullmailer, added:

# A nonstandard SMTP server setup:
# someotherserver.domain.com smtp --port=2525
mail.myserver.com smtp --port=587 --user=<user> --pass=<pass>

to /etc/nullmailer/remotes, and added it to default runlevel.

When starting manually I get the following warning:

li66-207 nullmailer # /etc/init.d/nullmailer start
 * Starting nullmailer ...      [ ok ]
* WARNING: -c/--chuid is deprecated and will be removed in the future, please use -u/--user instead
li66-207 nullmailer #

Checking the init script, I see:

start() {
        checkconfig
        ebegin "Starting nullmailer"
        cd /var/nullmailer
        start-stop-daemon --start --quiet --chuid ${USER}:${GROUP} \
                          --exec ${DAEMON} -- ${ARGS}
        eend $?
}

Should I change this? Ianap, so don't really feel comfortable just changing it without confirming first...

Thanks again...