On 2011-12-14 7:16 AM, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
Should I change this? Ianap, so don't really feel comfortable just
changing it without confirming first...

Don't.

Just file a bug, and let the maintainer take care of it.

It's *still* supported currently.

Will do...

But, I noticed I was still getting the same error after unmerging ssmtp and emerging nullmailer, and /etc/ssmtp still exists... so apparently it is still trying to use ssmtp somehow?

I moved the /etc/ssmtp dir (temporarily, until I figure this out) to my home directory, and set PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI= back to its default (commented it out), and now I'm getting this error:

!!! A network error occurred while trying to send logmail:
[Errno 111] Connection refused
Sure you configured PORTAGE_ELOG_MAILURI correctly?

How do I tell the system to use nullmailer?