I'm trying to make an older PC display high-def streaming video.  It's
a Dell Inspiron Desktop 530, with 2 gigs of ram, assembled and shipped
August 2007.  It has an Intel dual core (*NOT* a "Core Duo") cpu like so
(from /proc/cpuinfo).

vendor_id       : GenuineIntel
cpu family      : 6
model           : 15
model name      : Genuine Intel(R) CPU            2140  @ 1.60GHz
stepping        : 2
cpu MHz         : 1595.660
cache size      : 1024 KB

  The original Intel onboard GPU wasn't really up to the task.  I bought
an Nvidia GeForce 6200 video card, set it up, and it handles 1280x720p
video OK, from my HDHomerun TV tuner box.  1920x1080i shows the
occasional hint of stuttering.  I followed the instructions at
http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/xorg-config.xml including the Nouveau
driver.  I'm running ICEWM to minimize system overhead.  Are there any
other tips and tricks for getting better video performance out of this
admittedly old system?  glxgears shows 382 fps when the system is idle.

  It works without an xorg.conf.  This also happens to my mdev test
machine (no udev).  I'm attaching the Xorg log file for more detail.

--
Walter Dnes <waltd...@waltdnes.org>