This is mostly for Joerg Schilling since he is the list guru for ALL things DVD but others with nice answers can reply too. ;-) Anyway.

I have been making movie DVDs. Yea, I figured it out. It took a while too. Thing is, when I get ready to burn the DVD, I put in a nice shiney new DVD+RW that is made by Memorex. I then tell k3b to burn the image. It does its preformat thing then pops up a error that it failed. Nothing more than that that I can see. It also spits the DVD out. I click load and it goes back in and finishes the burn normally and I might add that I have played several of these DVDs and they work fine.

Since it burns fine and works in the end, why does it give me this error? Some info:

root@fireball / # equery list *cdr*
 * Searching for *cdr* ...
[IP-] [  ] app-cdr/cdrdao-1.2.3-r1:0
[IP-] [  ] app-cdr/cdrtools-3.01_alpha06:0
[IP-] [  ] virtual/cdrtools-0:0
root@fireball / # equery list *k3b*
 * Searching for *k3b* ...
[IP-] [  ] app-cdr/k3b-2.0.2-r1:4
root@fireball / #

[ebuild   R   ~] app-cdr/cdrtools-3.01_alpha06  USE="unicode -acl" 1,980 kB
[ebuild R ] app-cdr/k3b-2.0.2-r1 USE="dvd encode ffmpeg flac handbook mad vcd vorbis wav (-aqua) -debug -emovix (-kdeenablefinal) -lame -musepack -musicbrainz -sndfile -sox -taglib" LINGUAS="-ast -be -bg -ca -ca@valencia -cs -csb -da -de -el -en_GB -eo -es -et -eu -fi -fr -ga -gl -he -hi -hne -hr -hu -is -it -ja -km -ko -ku -lt -mai -nb -nds -nl -nn -oc -pa -pl -pt -pt_BR -ro -ru -se -sk -sl -sv -th -tr -uk -zh_CN -zh_TW" 12,533 kB

Ideas?  I checked the logs and I don't see anything except the burn itself.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"