On 22-Dec-11 19:38, Mark Knecht wrote:

Why does portage want to unmerge sys-apps/less when it is
a part of system?

I didn't like it either so I've been adding it to
/var/lib/portage/world just to stop it. I've seen this on one machine
or another for 6 months to a year I think.

Some time ago emerge wanted to uninstall "nano" - part of system.
Now "less". I just tried to update one more comp, and guess what?

# emerge --depclean
Calculating dependencies... done!
>>> Calculating removal order...

!!! 'sys-fs/udev' (virtual/dev-manager) is part of your system profile.
!!! Unmerging it may be damaging to your system.

>>> Waiting 10 seconds before starting...
>>> (Control-C to abort)...
Press Ctrl-C to Stop in:  10 9

LOL, what the hell is going on? Porgage went crazy or what?

Jarry