Michael Mol wrote:
On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Cranmer<j...@lotussevencars.com>  wrote:
http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730

Dale

:-)  :-)

Thanks for the link.
I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
requirement, though it adds vlc.  Same error as before.

I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
makeopts="-j6"

Jeff
No luck with makeopts="-j1" either.
If you add "--tree" to your emerge line, you can see what's pulling in
gstreamer. If it comes to it, running a command like:

emerge -pe --verbose --tree --with-bdeps=y @world

will give you a tree view showing the entire dependency tree on your
system. From there, you should be able to get a clue as to which
packages are pulling in packages you're having difficulty with.

Changing the USE flag may disable things that are needed tho. It's not really a fix but a workaround at best. Me, I want a fix so that it compiles as it should with the current USE flags.

I think I may mask that package version. I'm sure it will have a different version whenever they fix it. Since it is using the old one just fine, it shouldn't break anything but will try again when they do a fix'er upper. ;-)

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!

Miss the compile output?  Hint:
EMERGE_DEFAULT_OPTS="--quiet-build=n"