On Sat, Dec 31, 2011 at 2:46 PM, Jeff Cranmer <j...@lotussevencars.com> wrote:

>> > http://forums.gentoo.org/viewtopic-p-6888730.html#6888730
>> >
>> > Dale
>> >
>> > :-)  :-)
>> >
>> Thanks for the link.
>> I tried changing the use flags for phonon to -gstreamer vlc, but for
>> some reason I'm still getting gstreamer pulled in as use flag
>> requirement, though it adds vlc.  Same error as before.
>>
>> I'll try -makeopts="-j1", since at the moment I'm running
>> makeopts="-j6"
>>
>> Jeff
>
> No luck with makeopts="-j1" either.

If you add "--tree" to your emerge line, you can see what's pulling in
gstreamer. If it comes to it, running a command like:

emerge -pe --verbose --tree --with-bdeps=y @world

will give you a tree view showing the entire dependency tree on your
system. From there, you should be able to get a clue as to which
packages are pulling in packages you're having difficulty with.

--
:wq