On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 12:06:40 +0100, Willie WY Wong wrote:

> For users of KeePassX, what are its main benefits? Best I can tell it
> offers a searchable GUI (is it accesible on the command line?), and

There's a command line interface out there, google for kpcli.

> AES or Twofish encryption of a database. Is there anything else
> special, that sets it apart from, say, the built-in encryption
> capabilities of vim (using blowfish)?

It's a lot more convenient than a plain text file, but at the end of the
day, both are encrypted databases. Being able to open a browser from
the GUI and copying the username/password to the clipboard are handy, as
is the ability to separate the entries into categories, but it's all
convenience. You can do most of this with an encrypted text file and
grep, although not so easily on an Android phone.

--
Neil Bothwick

Philosophical error: Demonstrate the existence of a key to continue