On Tue, Jan 17, 2012 at 08:41:53AM +0000, Penguin Lover Neil Bothwick squawked:
> On Tue, 17 Jan 2012 01:35:54 -0600, Dale wrote:
>
> > I use Lastpass which does about the same as other password managers.
>
> Doesn't LastPass store your passwords on their servers, and weren't they
> compromised last year? I'll stick with KeePassX, the password database is
> stored and encrypted locally. Even if I put it on DropBox, hacking that
> will only give the encrypted database.

For users of KeePassX, what are its main benefits? Best I can tell it
offers a searchable GUI (is it accesible on the command line?), and
AES or Twofish encryption of a database. Is there anything else
special, that sets it apart from, say, the built-in encryption
capabilities of vim (using blowfish)?

         et vice versa   ~~~  I. Newton