On Fri, 17 Feb 2012 08:19:33 +0100
Raffaele BELARDI <raffaele.bela...@st.com> wrote:

> On 02/16/2012 09:16 AM, Hinnerk van Bruinehsen wrote:
> > On 16.02.2012 08:58, Raffaele BELARDI wrote:
> >> I suppose that my only options for rebuilding mythtv are to wait
> >> for upstream to update the ebuild or to update it myself. How
> >> difficult would the latter be?
> >
> > If the package just moved from media-tv to virtual it's easy:
> >
> > You should make a private overlay and copy the ebuild with the
> > dependency there:
>
> I went for a simpler route to just edit the ebuild and rebuild the
> manifest.
>
> raf

Your changes will be overwritten and reverted next time you resync the
portage tree and every time thereafter.

Editing the ebuild is not the simplest route, it is a vastly more
complex route. Instead, put the ebuild in the local overlay where
portage knows not to touch it. A local overlay does not require layman.

--
Alan McKinnnon
alan.mckin...@gmail.com