Paul Hartman wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 19, 2012 at 3:08 PM, walt <w41...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> On 02/18/2012 05:18 AM, Dale wrote:
>>
>>> Sounds like the internet could be switched off.  So, next question, how
>>> easy would it be to get it going again?  Hours?  Days?  Weeks?
>>
>> My guess is that the old farts that read this list could have their old
>> dialup bulletin boards back on line in a day.  Probably on the original
>> hardware gathering dust in the attic :p
>
> I just need to figure out how to pull the backups off my old QIC-80
> tapes so I can run them in dosbox. ;)

To me, this is not much difference than the SOPA/PIPA mess.  If they
implemented that, people would have a workaround in a matter of days and
it would be common knowledge.  So, everyone would be doing just like
they did before

I still recall the days when you connected directly to a website.  Our
shop could connect directly to IBM to get updates, technical info and
even some tech support.  The shop was a IBM dealer.  We also had Leading
Edge computers too.  < Pardon me while I puke>   I just don't see any
way for the Government to shut us down from information.  It could
change elections tho.  Whoever did shut it down would have a problem
keeping his/her job.

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!