On Sunday 26 February 2012 13.43:13 Dan Johansson wrote:
> On Sunday 26 February 2012 10.52:58 Willie WY Wong wrote:
> > On Sun, Feb 26, 2012 at 11:34:01AM +0200, Penguin Lover Alan McKinnon
> > squawked:
> > > >
> > > I'm having similar issues with an Intel N6300 since a reboot.
> > >
> > > In my case it fails with this:
> > >
> > > [   76.232020] wlan0: deauthenticating from
> > > xx:xx:xx:xx:xx:xx by local choice (reason=3)
> > >
> > > Which means something deauthed the connection in the meantime. This
> > > happens with kernel 3.2.6, but rebooting into 3.2.5 works just fine.
> > >

> > You guys are almost certainly running into the same problem as the one
> > I mentioned in the thread I just started.
> >
> > Try `pkill dhcpcd` and associate again.
> >
> > Unfortunately I couldn't figure out why all of a sudden dhcpcd decides
> > to start on boot.
>
> Yes, that was it, killing the dhcpcd made it possible to bring the interface
> up and associate with the AP.
> As openrc was one of the packages upgraded yesterday (0.9.8.4 -> 0.9.9.1) I
> assume (guess) that is why dhcpcd gets started at boot.
> Now I just have to figure out a way to stop this from happening.

The problems seems to be that dhcpcd was started automatically as soon as a
service needed "the network" - in my case dhcpcd was started due to
/etc/init.d/sshd.
At the moment I have solved it with putting "rc_dhcpcd_provide="!net"" in
/etc/rc.conf
which prevents dhcpcd to start when sshd is started and wicd can now do it's
magic.

--
Dan Johansson, <http://www.dmj.nu>
This message is printed on 100% recycled electrons!