Alex Schuster wrote:
> Dale writes:
>
>> I have a question on this.  I have a drive that I use for movies and
>> such.  There is nothing OS related on that drive.  Would it be safe to
>> set this to say 1% or even 0?
>
> I'd say 1% is okay. For 0% I'm not sure, I avoid that, but maybe there
> will be no noticeable difference at all.
>
>> Also, it is already set up with LVM and
>> ext4.  Can I change it even while there is data on there?
>
> Sure! Cool, isn't it. Just call lvresize -L +1G /dev/mapper/whatever or
> something, and then resize2fs /dev/mapper/whatever.

I was talking about the command to change the superuser reserves.  I
know how to make LVM bigger but wanted to make sure this can be run even
when there is data on there.  Basically, can I run:

tune2fs -m 1 /dev/data/data1

Which is where the ext4 file system is on the LVM.  After I run that
then I can expand LVM from there, I hope it works that easy.

>       Wonko

Dale

:-)  :-)

how you interpreted my words!