On Monday 05 Mar 2012 23:55:31 walt wrote:
> On 03/05/2012 02:24 PM, Mick wrote:
> > Is there some secret setting to allow me to print in landscape from FF,
> > or Chromium, or Okular?
> >
> > No matter what I set in the application my printer (HP 930c) will only
> > print in portrait and chop off half the page.  :-(
>
> In FF I see buttons for portrait and landscape in the 'print setup' and
> 'print preview' menus.  You don't have those buttons?

Yes I do.  I select landscape and get portrait coming out.  :-(

Also, in a full KDE desktop I select the hplip tooltray applet (or whatever
its called) and also change in there the settings to print landscape.

Still no success.

Only in libreoffice I can print in landscape a test page, after I change the
libreoffice print manager settings, but what I want is to print one of the
google maps in landscape from a browser and can't do it!  Even when I print in
pdf from the browser (the pdf is landscape) I can't thereafter print it as
such.  It keeps coming out as portrait.

I stopped printing for now because I'm running out of paper!  :-/
--
Regards,
Mick