On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 2:03 AM, Pandu Poluan <pa...@poluan.info> wrote:
> eix netcat returned net-analyzer/gnu-netcat and net-analyzer/netcat
>
> What's the difference? Which one should I emerge?
>
> Rgds,
> --
> FdS Pandu E Poluan
> ~ IT Optimizer ~
>
>  • LOPSA Member #15248
>  • Blog : http://pepoluan.tumblr.com
>  • Linked-In : http://id.linkedin.com/in/pepoluan

For a third, unasked, option... if you're not using any of the more
extravagant features, you practically always have busybox on hand
already...

$ busybox nc
BusyBox v1.19.3 (2012-02-21 22:48:14 EST) multi-call binary.

Usage: nc [OPTIONS] HOST PORT  - connect
nc [OPTIONS] -l -p PORT [HOST] [PORT]  - listen

        -e PROG Run PROG after connect (must be last)
        -l      Listen mode, for inbound connects
        -p PORT Local port
        -s ADDR Local address
        -w SEC  Timeout for connects and final net reads
        -i SEC  Delay interval for lines sent
        -n      Don't do DNS resolution
        -u      UDP mode
        -v      Verbose