On Fri, Mar 16, 2012 at 10:37 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
<da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:
>  --
>

> On March 17, 2012 at 12:19 AM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <can...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> > http://freedesktop.org/wiki/Software/systemd/separate-usr-is-broken
>> >

>> > Happy Computer Users (for now), systemd is on your horizon.
>> >
>> > Houston, we have a problem!
>>
>> You can always try Walter's et. al. mdev replacement:
>>
>> http://www.waltdnes.org/mdev/
>

> Sad fact is systemd will soon be required in Gentoo.

I don't think so. Not in the near future at least. Of course, *I*
don't think that will be a sad fact, but that's another matter :D

> Forget the udev/mdev argument ...

Oh, I have never cared that much for it ;)

> systemd is poorly coded,

Many people think that it tries to solve a problem that "doesn't
exists", or that it has failures in its design. However, even the more
fervent critics agree that Lennart is a really good programmer. You
are the first person I read saying that systemd is "poorly coded".

In other words: [citation needed]

> and we're
> getting so much further from a good, reliable DE to compete with the likes
> of Windows 7. Just horse manure DEs in Gentoo now.

I would say that we are actually better than them in several ways.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México