On Sat, Mar 17, 2012 at 9:02 PM, Bruce Hill, Jr.
<da...@happypenguincomputers.com> wrote:

> On March 17, 2012 at 9:45 PM "Canek Peláez Valdés" <can...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> But again, remember that I'm biased: I keep an overlay to run Gentoo
>> systems with only systemd; no OpenRC, no baselayout, no SysV. You guys
>> can try it if you want:
>>
>> http://xochitl.matem.unam.mx/~canek/gentoo-systemd-only/
>>
>> Usual disclaimer: I take no responsibility if using my overlay results
>> in your systems asploding. That said, I'm using it on all my machines
>> without a hitch.
>>
>> Regards.
>> --
>> Canek Peláez Valdés
>
> Okay, I'm game. Monday (time and work flow permitting) I plan on building a
> new PC and installing Gentoo, and replacing the mechanical drive in this
> Lenovo T420 with a SSD.
>
> Far be it from me to be guilty of "contempt prior to investigation."
>
> Therefore, I'll follow your referenced guide above and do at least one of
> these installs with systemd. If there is anything out of sync with present
> stage3 tarballs and portage, it would be great if you could update your
> docs. The last 2 new installs this week are running Python3.2, and with
> zero time to actually work on it, I'm submitting even sloppy bug reports to
> BGO. (Just ran across another app tonight which won't build with >python2.)

If you want to test systemd, you don't need to use my overlay; and
actually, I would not recommend it: it's made thinking for people
already using systemd.

Just follow the wiki instructions: http://wiki.gentoo.org/wiki/Systemd

I don't want you to get the wrong idea because of my possible
mistakes: use systemd for Gentoo as the Gentoo devs have planned it.

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés
Universidad Nacional Autónoma de México