On Thu, May 10, 2012 at 9:01 PM, Michael Scherer
<a6702...@unet.univie.ac.at> wrote:
> I'm always replying to gentoo-user@lists.gentoo.org and I'm not aware I ever
> used
> one of the addresses you mentioned below. I'm rather new to this forum, so
> it's
> entirely possible I did something wrong somewhere, so please tell me where
> else
> I should post my replies.
> And if you feel the urge to correct me on my postings you might as well post
> some
> advice on my problem too.
>

> michael
>
> --
> Michael Scherer
> Univ.klinik f. Psychiatrie
> email: michael.sche...@meduniwien.ac.at
> phone: +43 6991 941 22 54
>
>> ----- Original Message ----- From: "Stroller"
>> <strol...@stellar.eclipse.co.uk>

He pulled those addresses from the message headers that went out with
your initial question, which it appears you sent, aiming to start a
new thread of discussion on, by hitting reply in the midst of
"[gentoo-user] Are those "green" drives any good?" and changing the
subject. It's a quick way to get a message headed towards the list,
but it *does* throw clients that are better at thread tracking for a
bit of a loop (and makes it easy for your question to get lost in an
already 40+ message long thread). As for your initial question,
building from your config on a clean (distclean, no ccache, etc)
3.1.12 gentoo patched tree built rather quick and problem free on my
box here (using -j5 at that. My first guess was a race issue in a
parallel build)... You might find something notably different in your
versions of things, so here's what I'm running on there.

lanos linux-3.2.12-gentoo # emerge --info
Portage 2.1.10.49 (default/linux/amd64/10.0, gcc-4.5.3,
glibc-2.14.1-r3, 3.2.1-gentoo-r2-lanos x86_64)
System uname:
Linux-3.2.1-gentoo-r2-lanos-x86_64-Intel-R-_Core-TM-2_Quad_CPU_Q6600_@_2.40GHz-with-gentoo-2.0.3
Timestamp of tree: Mon, 07 May 2012 17:30:01 +0000
app-shells/bash:          4.2_p20
dev-lang/python:          2.7.2-r3, 3.1.4-r3, 3.2.2
dev-util/pkgconfig:       0.26
sys-apps/baselayout:      2.0.3
sys-apps/openrc:          0.9.8.4
sys-apps/sandbox:         2.5
sys-devel/autoconf:       2.13, 2.68
sys-devel/automake:       1.11.1
sys-devel/binutils:       2.21.1-r1
sys-devel/gcc:            4.5.3-r2
sys-devel/gcc-config:     1.5-r2
sys-devel/libtool:        2.4-r1
sys-devel/make:           3.82-r1
sys-kernel/linux-headers: 3.1 (virtual/os-headers)
sys-libs/glibc:           2.14.1-r3

If you're running something newer somewhere, or vanilla-sources, or
somesuch I can poke around a bit and see if I can replicate your
troubles here, but I can't guarantee short timeframes... I've around
1k miles of travelling this weekend, half of which will be learning
quickly whether the car I just grabbed on ebay was a good idea or not.

--
Poison [BLX]
Joshua M. Murphy