Just for sake of correctness, what the op wants is called normalization, in
the world of sound edition.

It can be done once, as you rip the file or it can be done on the fly when
playing it. "replaygain" is (as the name itself says) an implementation of
this that automatically adjusts the gain of each soundtrack. But its just
the name of the concrete implementation, not the name of the process. Just
like volvo is a brand of cars, but not all cars are branded volvo.

I,ll add that if you normalize while ripping you are damaging permanently
the audio files, which in addition to a loussy format like mp3, and cheap
speakers, can result in a very bad thing, but that really depends on how
demanding your ear is...

Specially for bands like led zeppelin, I would just use the second method
(adjust while playing, rather than while ripping). Someday you will want to
hear the whole disk as it was intended, and if you normalized on ripping
you won't be able to.
---
Jesús Guerrero Botella