Hi all

I'm looking for some help setting up traffic shaping on my internet
connection. I have a bit of an odd setup in that I run a remote VPN server
that all of my traffic is pushed through and out on to the internet. As I
understand generally it isn't possible to shape incoming traffic but as I
have control of the VPN server which pushes the traffic to me I wondered if
it was possible to implement something on that side? No traffic other than
the VPN tunnel goes out of my home connection.

I'm trying to do this because I have a service running on one of my home
machines that requires around 5kbps constantly with low latency (<200ms),
but as my home connection is 750kbps it gets saturated very quickly causing
huge spikes in latency. Does anyone have any ideas as to how I could
achieve this? Generally any pointers at all would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks for your time

Oliver