On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegar...@gmail.com> wrote:
> While trying to emerge gnash, I was forced to emerge --update boost.
>
> But it failed! (I was actually doing emerge --deep --update @world)
>
> I set MAKEOPTS="" as suggested to prevent multiple build jobs.
>

> So, here are last words. They don't say anything to me :-(

[snip]

In the future, please attach, rather than in-line, stuff like build logs.

Here's what's killing it for you:

> In file included from ./boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp:17:0,
>                  from ./boost/thread/mutex.hpp:12,
>                  from libs/locale/src/shared/date_time.cpp:11:
> ./boost/config/requires_threads.hpp:29:4: error: #error "Threading
> support unavaliable: it has been explicitly disabled with
> BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS"
> In file included from ./boost/thread/mutex.hpp:12:0,
>                  from libs/locale/src/shared/date_time.cpp:11:
> ./boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp:67:9: error: #error "Sorry, no
> boost threads are available for this platform."

I'm not going to venture a guess as to why this is happening on your
system. But there's the explicit build error, cut out from the rest of
the log.

Perhaps someone else will go over the emerge --info, et al.

--
:wq