Michael,

On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 3:25 PM, Michael Mol <mike...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jul 15, 2012 at 1:50 PM, Ezequiel Garcia <elezegar...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>> While trying to emerge gnash, I was forced to emerge --update boost.
>>
>> But it failed! (I was actually doing emerge --deep --update @world)
>>
>> I set MAKEOPTS="" as suggested to prevent multiple build jobs.
>>

>> So, here are last words. They don't say anything to me :-(
>
> [snip]
>
> In the future, please attach, rather than in-line, stuff like build logs.

Okey. Thanks for the tip and sorry for the trouble.

> Here's what's killing it for you:
>
>> In file included from ./boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp:17:0,
>>                  from ./boost/thread/mutex.hpp:12,
>>                  from libs/locale/src/shared/date_time.cpp:11:
>> ./boost/config/requires_threads.hpp:29:4: error: #error "Threading
>> support unavaliable: it has been explicitly disabled with
>> BOOST_DISABLE_THREADS"
>> In file included from ./boost/thread/mutex.hpp:12:0,
>>                  from libs/locale/src/shared/date_time.cpp:11:
>> ./boost/thread/detail/platform.hpp:67:9: error: #error "Sorry, no
>> boost threads are available for this platform."

Oh! I missed it. Thanks a lot for going through this.

> I'm not going to venture a guess as to why this is happening on your
> system. But there's the explicit build error, cut out from the rest of
> the log.

I think I've hit this bug:

It's gcc 4.7 related. I'll try to apply the patch suggested here:

https://svn.boost.org/trac/boost/changeset/76133

and let you know.

As I've never patched an ebuild, this might take me some time :-(

Thanks a lot Michael :-)