On 8/26/05, Catalin Trifu <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>         Hi,
>
>      I have a computer at home which I use as a test machine (from time to
> time)
> and I decided some time ago to play with reiser4, which was said to be faster
> than reiserfs and which should outperform it.
>      I have a fair processor (p4 2GHz) and 1GB RAM which is imho a pretty good
> combination.
>      However, I am quite unhappy with how reiser4 performs.
>      Is there an easy way switch back my reiser4 partition to reiserfs without
> reinstalling everything.

I suggest booting from a Gentoo CD. Make a tarball of the entire FS
you want to convert and either pipe it across the network or onto
another HD you can put in this machine. Reformat the partition.
Untarball the backup onto the newly formatted partition. You also need
to make sure you alter your fstab to mount the partition right (and
alter your grub or other boot config files accordingly as well).

--
Justin Patrin