On Fri, Jul 20, 2012 at 4:56 AM, Stefan G. Weichinger <li...@xunil.at> wrote:

> Does anyone use systemd on gentoo, with gnome3?
>
> Would someone share a tarball of /etc/systemd/system with me (off-list)
> so I could figure out what services and stuff are needed?
>
> Tried to follow the wiki-pages, but somehow after logging into gdm the
> session hangs ...

I'm running GNOME 3 with, systemd 44 and udev 186, the first from my overlay:

https://github.com/canek-pelaez/gentoo-systemd-only/

However, the ebuilds in my overlay just change some dependencies so I
don't need to install OpenRC. Otherwise, they are identical to the
ones in the official tree. As Peter, I have the line

-session        optional        pam_systemd.so

in /etc/pam.d/system-auth. However, I still have consolekit started
(no problems whatsoever).

All in all, I run systemd+GNOME3 very close to the official tree, as I
said. I have been doing it since last year; usually I don't have any
problem. A little more info would help; what does
$HOME/.xsession-errors says?

Regards.
--
Canek Peláez Valdés