I'll add this.  When I buy a CPU, I look at the speed, mine is 3.2Ghz,
and the cache that is on the chip, mine has 512Kb.  Sometimes depending
on the process, having more cache can be just as important as the
speed.  If I am looking at buying one of two identical CPUs but one has
more cache, I would try to get the one with more cache.

One should keep in mind that some are more efficient than others but
unless you plan to really look under the hood real close, those are two
things to really look at.  Given how efficient things are nowadays, the
nm would be the last thing I look at.

The point made about producing less heat with the smaller nm sounds
reasonable tho.

I'm trying to picture a nm.  o-o  Hmmmm, maybe this is better.  O-O
Nope, still can't picture a nm.  lol

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!