120905 Neil Bothwick wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Sep 2012 20:42:56 -0400, Philip Webb wrote:
>> What is the best line for  /etc/fstab ?  The only example I have is :
>>   'tmpfs /tmp tmpfs defaults,noatime,mode=1777 0 0'
>> This doesn't seem to limit the size in any way.
> 'man mount' explains it all ...

Well, it outlines it (smile).

> ... but the option you want is size, which defaults to 50 % .

That looks ok : I assume that's the maximum,
ie it doesn't take up that much memory unless it's needed.

> I use 80 % , which is what gives the somewhat odd size of 13 GB .
>  tmpfs  will use swap if there is not enough memory.

Thanks for the advice + others' comments.

BTW the problem of System Rescue stalling while trying to install itself
is avoided by adding the boot option 'skipmount=/dev/sda3' (or as needed).

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca