On 08/09/12 15:54, "Roland Häder" wrote:
Isn't it a requirement that all nodes run Gentoo, with the same GCC
version, and you must setup sys-devel/crossdev on each of them?

I don't see how it could possibly work otherwise.

In my first email I wrote that all other nodes have Debian installed, not
Gentoo.

I was reading this:

  http://www.gentoo.org/doc/en/cross-compiling-distcc.xml

It specifically mentions you need crossdev:

  If you are cross-compiling between different subarchitectures
  for Intel x86 (e.g. i586 and i686), you must still build a full
  cross-toolchain for the desired CHOST, or else the compilation
  will fail.

I suppose any cross compiler might be enough and you don't need crossdev. I don't know.