walt wrote:
> On 10/20/2012 07:15 PM, Dale wrote:
>> I been noticing something weird.  If I try to use tab completion with
>> the genlop command, I get things like this:
>>
>> root@fireball / # genlop -t -f/var/-su: /etc/make.globals: No such file
>> or directory
>> hp-toolbox.lock ^C
>> root@fireball / # genlop -t -f /var/lo-su: /etc/make.globals: No such
>> file or directory
>> ^C
>> root@fireball / #
>>
>> On the first one, I only typed in to/var/  then hit tab and on the
>> second one I went to /var/lo then hit tab.  The rest it does when I hit
>> the tab key.  Whatever it is doing, I have to hit ctrl C to get out
>> of it.
>
> Is /var on a different filesystem from / ?  That kind of thing happens to
> me if an NFS mounted filesystem is hung for some reason (like the NFS
> server
> not being up yet during boot).

It's on a different partition but the same hard drive.  So far, I been
messing with other commands, genlop seems to be the only one that does
this.  I tried the usual ls, cat, equery and a few others but they work
fine.  It seems to be something that just affects genlop and I have no
idea where to start.  I'm running genlop-0.30.8-r2.

Is this a bug maybe?

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!