121109 mindrunner wrote:
> On 11/08/2012 09:37 PM, Volker Armin Hemmann wrote:
>> Am Donnerstag, 8. November 2012, 16:23:08 schrieb mindrunner:
>>> i always use ddrescue for migrating to another hdd.
>> that is just stupid. You copy the fragmentation, the errors,
> the journal log  and all the other crap that accumulated over time.
> someone calls me stupid and dumb, because i am sharing my opinion.
> this never happened to me on a dev-mailinglist.
> I came here to help out gentoo users. not to flame war.

Don't worry re VAH : he writes like that, but there's no ill-will
& often he has something useful to say.  Most of the time,
Gentoo-User is polite + intelligent & a good source of Linux education.
In this case, as someone else pointed out, VAH calls your idea "stupid",
which may be an exaggeration, but he does offer an explanation.

At the risk of further antagonising you (smile):
(1) don't top-post !  (2) please use your real name.

SUPPORT     ___________//___,   Philip Webb
ELECTRIC   /] [] [] [] [] []|   Cities Centre, University of Toronto
TRANSIT    `-O----------O---'   purslowatchassdotutorontodotca