Walter Dnes wrote:
> Lennart Poettering (and to a lesser extent Sievers) has pissed off a
> lot of people (users, sysadmins, and developers). The situation
> resembles the Xfree86 ==> Xorg revolt. Hopefully, the end result will
> be similar.

Speaking of.  I went to the xfree86 home page.  They say this on there:

"In short, XFree86 is the premier open source X11-based desktop
infrastructure."

Here is the funny part.  Everybody sit down.  This is from the changelog:

"XFree86 4.8.99.1 (?? February 2009)"

And from the current release page, wait for it:

"Our current release is XFree86 version 4.8.0  and was released  on 15 December
2008"

When people left xfree86 behind, they forgot to change the home page.  That
thing is at least a few years out of date.  Could someone turn out the lights
please?  ROFL

Here's to a new udev.  < Dale drinks a sip of iced tea >

Dale

:-)  :-)

http://www.xfree86.org/

http://www.xfree86.org/cvs/changes.html

http://www.xfree86.org/releases/rel480.html

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!