On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 12:01:27PM +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
> I don't see how, so that probably means i'm ignorant of something i need to
> know. Can you please elaborate?
>

> On Wed, Nov 28, 2012 at 5:52 AM, Bruce Hill <da...@happypenguincomputers.com
> > wrote:
>
> > On Tue, Nov 27, 2012 at 07:02:18PM +1100, Adam Carter wrote:
> > > I have added rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" to /etc/rc.conf, but scripts like
> > > sshd still wont start, and when executed report "WARNING: sshd is
> > scheduled
> > > to start when net.eth0 has started".
> > >
> > > Why does sshd appear to be specifically requiring net.eth0? (or is the
> > > message misleading?)
> > >
> > > How do i get net.wlan0 to also provide net?
> >
> > This post begs to ask so many questions concerning your setup...
> >
> > Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting

Let me just say that I don't have rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" in /etc/rc.conf
on any of the 8 Gentoo boxen running on this LAN atm. And "rc-status | grep
sshd" reports "sshd  [started]" on every one of them. Two are using wifi and
therefore wlan0; the other 6 are wired and use eth{0,1,2}.

What have you done so far?

Tell us about your setup. Is net.eth0 and/or net.wlan0 and/or sshd started
with your services?

rc-status | grep net
rc-status | grep sshd

http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html could be helpful so that
you'll know HOW-TO make a good post to a mailing list.

If there is something obvious about your OP that I've missed, please accept my
apologies and forgive my ignorance.
--
Happy Penguin Computers               >')
126 Fenco Drive                       ( \

Don't top-post: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Top_post#Top-posting