On Wednesday, November 28, 2012 12:47:54 AM Neil Bothwick wrote:
> Adam Carter <adamcart...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > I have added rc_net_wlan0_provide="net" to /etc/rc.conf, but scripts
> > like
> > sshd still wont start, and when executed report "WARNING: sshd is
> > scheduled
> > to start when net.eth0 has started".
> >
> > Why does sshd appear to be specifically requiring net.eth0? (or is the
> > message misleading?)
> >
> > How do i get net.wlan0 to also provide net?
>
> What do you have for the strict setting in rc.conf? I can't remember the
> exact name, nowhere near a Gentoo box.

I think you mean the following:

# Do we allow any started service in the runlevel to satisfy the dependency
# or do we want all of them regardless of state? For example, if net.eth0
# and net.eth1 are in the default runlevel then with rc_depend_strict="NO"
# both will be started, but services that depend on 'net' will work if either
# one comes up. With rc_depend_strict="YES" we would require them both to
# come up.
#rc_depend_strict="YES"

The above is how it's set on my systems, eg. commented out.

You could try uncommenting it and setting it to "NO"

--
Joost