On Monday 03 December 2012 13:59:49 Mark Knecht wrote:

> There is a KDE-Users list where this stuff gets addressed. However I
> asked the same questions the other day so I'll respond here in hopes
> what I'm doing helps you.

Ah. I hadn't thought of that. I'll look into it; thanks.

> > I'm trying to run the KDE wallet manager but I get this in
> > .xsession-errors:
> >
> > kwalletmanager(3054)/kdeui (Wallet): The kwalletd service has been
> > disabled

> From System Settings
>
> SystemSettings -> Account Details -> KDE Wallet

How did they come up with that home for it? Maybe I'm just being dense
again.

> make sure it's enabled, then uncheck everything else except 'Show
> manager in system tray' and hit apply.
>
> For me, after starting an app that uses it, like Chrome, this gives me
> a wallet in the system tray that I can then click on to get into the
> wallet app for management of my stuff.
>
> Hope this helps,

Certainly does - thank you Mark. I now have the service running with a
wallet I can use (I hope). I'll try it again in the morning after a
fresh start.

--
Rgds
Peter