On 2012-12-04 11:05, Jacques Montier wrote:
2012/12/4 Peter Weilbacher <newss...@weilbacher.org>

On 2012-11-30 18:47, Mick wrote:

KMS should provide framebuffer now, so have you set KMS and firmware
correctly?

I just didn't realize that this is the case, so maybe my setup is wrong.
I'll study the documentation again.

Don't forget to disable all the drivers in "Support for frame buffer
devices" of your kernel configuration.

Right, I did that now, and have the framebuffer splash back. X also starts
but the whole system locks hard once gdm tries to paint the login area.
Unfortunately, after rebooting the log doesn't give me any useful output.
I have to fiddle around with the setup a bit to see what's wrong, maybe
something's still missing.

Cheers,
   Peter.