On 2012-12-04 19:52, Peter Weilbacher wrote:

Right, I did that now, and have the framebuffer splash back. X also starts but the whole system locks hard once gdm tries to paint the login area. Unfortunately, after rebooting the log doesn't give me any useful output. I have to fiddle around with the setup a bit to see what's wrong, maybe
something's still missing.

I didn't find out anything after that, although I rebooted quite a few times.

But I'm happy to see that today's update of x11-base/xorg-server-1.13.1 (from
1.13.0-r1) fixed my crashes. Now I'm a happy X user again. :-)

   Peter.