Am Freitag, 28. Dezember 2012, 15:21:54 schrieb Scott Ellis:
> Yeah, I use ZoL for my home server (mostly pictures, videos, and mp3s) and
> it works just fine.  SSD for the / and /boot, and then ZFS for all the
> important data in a mirrored pool.  Highly recommended.  (Just updated to
> 3.7.1 kernel and 0.6.0-rc13 ZoL, with no issues, in case you were worried
> about usage with "current" pieces.)

I am conservative with kernels
uname -a
Linux localhost 3.4.24 #1 SMP Sun Dec 23 17:47:00 CET 2012 x86_64 AMD
Phenom(tm) II X4 955 Processor AuthenticAMD GNU/Linux

so that is not a concern of mine. I am more worried about stability. I plan to
put /var and my data pile on it. While losing the first would be a time
intensive incident losing the second would be really painful. Even with
backups.

But it would something I could recover from or I would not waste time thinking
about zfs - mdadm+whatever fs does work good enough.

Glück Auf,

Volker

--
#163933