I am setting up a libvirt managed vm system on a gentoo server that will
have a number of gentoo vm's - web, calendar/mail, ...  Eventually I'll
have two servers and migration will be needed.

What do people who do this use for networking? - I have the native
libvert nat working but I prefer a routed subnet and not nat.  I used a
tap and vde on my older non-libvirt system ... but it seems vde is not
an option, but it looks like vlans, macvlan etc will work.

So what is usually recommended and works for this scenario?

BillK