Bruce Hill wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 06:17:04PM -0600, Dale wrote:
>>
>> It does here:
>>
>> root@fireball / # ls -al /dev/root
>> lrwxrwxrwx 1 root root 4 Jan 10 07:12 /dev/root -> sda6
>> root@fireball / #
>>
>> Since this appears to be a issue now, I'm switching to eudev.  For some
>> reason, I can't mask enough to keep it as it is now.  I hope I don't
>> loose my uptime.
>>
>> root@fireball / # uptime
>>  18:16:17 up 120 days, 11:25,  9 users,  load average: 0.25, 0.63, 1.09
>> root@fireball / #
>>
>> Dale
> You should have stuck with udev *before* systemd took over:
>  >=sys-fs/udev-181
>  >=virtual/udev-181
>
> Then you wouldn't have these problems now. There are 8 or more Gentoo boxen
> running on this LAN with the above and none of the issues that come up daily
> now in this ML.
>
> Think very carefully before you "switch to eudev". It's not even stable, nor
> proven, and will surely result in you losing much more than a little uptime.
> Think hair, time, serenity. ;)
>
> Bruce

Asked on gentoo-eudev and was told it was being used and works fine.
Right now, I'm on udev-171.  The higher ones are masked.  Note the =
sign above.

Since I can keep it masked for now, may just stick here for a bit.

Dale

:-)  :-)

--
I am only responsible for what I said ... Not for what you understood or how
you interpreted my words!