On Fri, Jan 11, 2013 at 12:14:18AM +0200, Alan McKinnon wrote:

> > > "Depreciated" is perfectly cromulent in this instance.
> >
> >   You really think it's copacetic?
> >

> I never heard of copacetic till now, had to look it up.

Sorry to necropost, but I waited many a month for this opportunity, for I have
a nitpick to shoot back with:

> What a wonderful word, I feel embiggened by it's correctness
------------------------------------------------^

“it’s”, just like “he’s”, is a contraction with the verb “is”.
What you meant was “its”, meaning a posession belonging to “it”.

*runs, ducks and hides*

Depreciate, for me, is basically de- (which usually has a negative meaning)
and preciate, i.e. <gollum> ”making a precious” </gollum>). ;-)
But well, being a foreign speaker and a grammar n*zi, I might have an unfair
advantage about such thing.
--
Gruß | Greetings | Qapla’
Please do not share anything from, with or about me with any Facebook service.

Bank -- an institution where you can borrow money
for the proof that you don’t need it.