El 31/ago/2005 a las 00:23 -0300, Nick me decĂ­a:
> 2. Fernando might like to note that the way to introduce a patch to a
> package (rather than an amendment to the ebuild) is to use the epatch
> command. Commonly the line looks like this:

You're saying that i can emerge mutt, run epatch command and then
re-emerge and assumes the patch? It sounds crazy for me, maybe i don't
understand.

> epatch ${FILESDIR}/cool-all-mutt.patch

I see that command in ebuilds, but where is it? I can't find it in my
installation, but somewhere must be since it gets used.

> If the patch is large or publicly available, you are better NOT to put
> it in the portage tree but have it downloaded from a mirror with e
> SRC_URI command. If you want an example of this take a look at the
> vlc-0.8.2-r1 ebuild (chosen by me cos I was unsuccessfully hacking it
> the other day)

I don't understand this either, if i put something un *my* portage
tree the mirrors get infested?

(hum... better get some sleep now, i'm understanding less after each
minute)

--
Fernando Canizo - http://www.lugmen.org.ar/~conan/
lighthouse, n.: