Roy, looks like my first impulse about an update... IE, that it would
be a pita is coming true... hehe

Roy Wright <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:

> For the network problem:
>
> hostname and domainname migrated from /etc to /etc/conf.d

Has /etc/domainname just moved to /etc/conf.d or is it a new filename
with different notation?

I see my old domainname file in etc and something called:
/etc/conf.d/dnsdomainname which appears to be unchanged by the
update and has a Mar 22 date on it.

It says simply:
local.net0 (which is correct)

This is the only uncommented line in pre update /etc/domainname:

  # When setting up resolv.conf, what should take precedence?
  # If you wish to always override DHCP/whatever, set this to 1.
  OVERRIDE=1

So just move it bodily to /etc/conf.d?

Regarding dmesg.   Network devices are being recognized normally.