On 02/22/13 17:26, walt wrote:
On 02/22/2013 12:24 AM, Joseph wrote:
On 02/22/13 09:10, Alexandre Domi wrote:
  Seems you're getting a nvidia segfault... Did you try revdep-rebuild,
  or updating your system?

  Regards

Yes, I just updated the system.
When I try to compile nvidia-drivers I get this message:
test -e include/generated/autoconf.h -a -e include/config/auto.conf || (      \
echo;                        \
echo "  ERROR: Kernel configuration is invalid.";      \
echo "         include/generated/autoconf.h or include/config/auto.conf are
missing.";\
echo "         Run 'make oldconfig && make prepare' on kernel src to fix it.";
 \
echo;

Joseph, I feel I should apologize for the numbskull devs at nvidia for writing
such
ridiculous code -- but I'm not responsible for them, honest ;)

The lines of output above are completely normal.  They don't describe the
*real* error
that's causing your problem.

You see the "echo" in the message you posted?  That means the nvidia devs chose
to print
the lines of code in their installer shellscript as it executes, one line at a
time.

That echo "ERROR...etc" is what the nvidia installer would have printed *if*
you actually
experienced that particular kernel config problem -- but you didn't.  The real
error
message was printed way below what you posted above, and I suspect it was
caused by
a recent change in the linux kernel headers, but that's just a guess.

You need to examine the remainder of the output from the nvidia installer to
find the
actual error, and post it here so we can help you figure it out.

I think you are correct. It took me all night :-/ to come to this conclusion.
Yes, the kernle-3.5.7 I think is not compatible with the nvidia driver (at
least in my case/my video card).
I don't think I was the only one who experience this problem. It just make me
wonder why did they make it stable.

--
Joseph